If a customer likes you and continues to like you, they will do business with you. If they don't, they won't. — Paul Greenberg, author of "CRM at the Speed of Light" and president of The 56 Group.
How can your organization achieve growth through marketing transformation? If your customer likes interacting with you they will continue to do so. Get your customers to like you by reengineering their experience.
"Experience transformation is neither a quick fix nor an all-or- nothing strategy. Start smart but start now – deliver and build value over time."
Lack of planning and structure in creating experiences results in unplanned, unorganized experiences. Here are six key steps to defining an actionable roadmap to reengineer intentional, positive experiences for your customers.
- Envision the Journey: Start with your organization's vision. Once you define your buyers' experience, build your vision for your organization around that buyer journey.
- Define Key Engagement Opportunities: Define and align key marketing capabilities or components (not specific solutions) to the engagement needs of the buyer experience. Keep in mind that to foster customer engagement at every potential interaction — online, in-person, over the phone, through social media, etc., — marketing must imbue every aspect of the organization.
- Establish Maturity Level: Identify your organization's maturity – where are you currently and where do you want to be – for each of the key capabilities identified in step 2. Understand which areas will require a significant shift from your current status and what you'll need to achieve baseline requirements versus optimal solutions.
- Detail Necessary Action: Understand the process, organization and perhaps most importantly the technology changes necessary to make the move from where your organization is to where you want to be.
- Plan Your Attack: Prioritize your necessary investments and potential progress against the maturity curve. Delineate between quick wins and long-term investment opportunities and plan your next steps accordingly.
- Take the First Step: Experience transformation is neither a quick fix nor an all-or-nothing strategy. Start smart but start now – deliver and build value over time.
Looking for help developing your marketing roadmap? Contact Baker Tilly to get started.